Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tell a Fairy Tale Day

Today is Tell a Fairy Tale Day. Surprisingly, I had never heard of that. But, when I found out about it, I got super excited. I have always loved fairy tales and princesses and happy endings. Beauty and the Beast was always my favorite disney movie as a kid. I think that was mostly because Belle has brown hair, but I always noticed other things about her that I felt were similar to me. I even dressed up as Belle for a choir concert.

  



I had a Belle singing solo and a smal ballet dance. I love to read and I used to read for hours and hours. I love to get to know people because I think what's on the inside is more important than looks. Obviously I don't want to end up with a big hairy monster, but I do think that personality and heart are so much more important.

When the movie Tangled came out, I found myself a new favorite movie. Although I don't have much in common with Rapunzel, I absolutely love the movie and it's music.



Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty are definitely top listed Fairy Tales for me as well. I love to read Fairy Tales and watch movies/tv shows that are based on Fairy Tales. Once Upon a Time is probably my new favorite tv show. The point of all my rambling about princesses and fairy tales is that I think everyone should dream big and make their own lives into fairy tales. It doesn't have to be dramatic or extraordinary to be a fairy tale. The important part of the story is the love and happiness that is found. So everyone...Dream Big and Love BIGGER! Happy Tell a Fairy Tale Day!



I love when Lily dresses up like Cinderella! 



2 comments:

  1. The Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast were my absolute favorite fairy tales when I was a young girl, but I think Beauty and the Beast was the one that I loved the most. I still use my Beauty and the Beast comforter because it's ultra soft and warm, actually my husband uses it because it's the only comforter we have at the moment. What can I say, it does the job. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have to tell you that Beauty and the Beast was my favorite too, Shannon! And it was because of the brown hair and reading and singing too! I can still recite every stinkin' word in the movie and I haven't seen it in years. We haven't busted out full length Disney movies with the kids yet, but I'm interested to see which one(s) the girls latch onto as their favorites.
    Also, for the record, Belle doesn't actually end up with a big hairy monster...she ends up with a very effeminate prince. That was the one part I always disliked about the movie. Her prince was kinda lame. I actually liked the beast way better...

    ReplyDelete