Wednesday, June 13, 2012

P.J. Funnybunny

When I was little, my favorite book was "It's Not Easy Being a Bunny" by Marilyn Sadler and illustrated by Roger Bollen. Because I loved this book so much, my favorite food is cooked carrots. For those of you who have read this book (most likely not really anyone besides my family), you may understand the cooked carrots reference. However, for the sake of those who do not know what I'm talking about, let me explain.

P.J. Funnybunny was a sad bunny who didn't want to be a bunny. His mother made him eat cooked carrots every day, he had too many brothers and sisters, and his ears were huge! So P.J. decides to leave home because he doesn't want to be a bunny anymore. He tries to live with a bunch of different animals, but it doesn't work out, so in the end....he doesn't want to be a bear, a bird, a beaver, a pig, a moose, a possum, or a skunk. He just wants to be a bunny. :) He returns home and eats all of his cooked carrots, played with all of his brothers and sisters, and enjoyed being a bunny.

When I came home this summer from Franciscan University, I had read many many books, but when I saw my old favorite, I had to read it. I'm so glad I did. Even though it may seem silly and childish, this book really has a good message. There is no need to be someone you're not. Just be who you were born to be! God has a special plan for each and every person! No matter who you are, God has a plan for you. Don't spend your life trying to be someone else. Just be you!

Now i remember why I love this book so much! Thanks P.J.! You're an inspiration! :)


P.J. Funnybunny.



This is my favorite page. I think P.J. and I have a lot in common. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment