Sunday, March 25, 2012

A picture is worth 1000 words..

Katie and Shannon at Pismo Beach 2010

Katie has this bad habit of constantly wanting to be snapping photos. I think she thinks she is the paparazzi. Or maybe she wishes the paparazzi was following her. I'm not really sure. All I know is, she ALWAYS wants to get a picture of EVERYTHING. We get dressed up...take a picture. We intent to a household....take a picture. These make sense I guess. BUT...we go outside....take a picture. We are bored in our room...take a picture. We are hanging out with friends...take a picture. And the list goes on and on. I always complain when she whips out the camera, and she always says, "In 5 or 10 years, you'll appreciate these." And she's right of course. I mean, it's good to have memories to look back on. And there's no way you can remember EVERY little detail of your life without the help of a few photos. 

My opinion of a good picture is one that is hilarious and fun to look at. So I love the picture of Katie and I at Pismo Beach. The best part was, we didn't have to keep jumping over and over. It only took like 2 or 3 pictures to get a perfect one! I love that we are so far off the ground. Pictures like this, I have to thank Katie for. It's one of my favorite pictures ever, and the only reason it was taken, is because Katie said that we HAD to take pictures and make memories. Typical Katie. So, thank you Katie for always taking pictures. You're right, I always do end up appreciating this documentation of our fun times! 

So, remember, a picture is worth 1000 words. Save your memories by taking pictures. You only live once. Make every moment count. Make every moment special. Don't take pictures constantly. That's not the point. The point is, life is full of beautiful moments, and you don't want to forget all those. Memories will always be made, picture or no picture, but I have to admit, some of the most random pictures Katie has forced me to smile for, have turned out to be the best ones of us. 

This doesn't happen everyday.

So adorable! Fight on!

Uncle Dave's induction into the Reedley College Hall of Fame. 

The Circle of Life.

Christmas Tree Cuties!

Grandaddy and Sorcha! 

Sisters :)

Grandaddy and the kids.

Go Liam Go!

Bounce house!











No comments:

Post a Comment