Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Let's start from the very beginning...

Katie + Shannon 
5 years old

The beginning is always a very good place to start, so I'm going to start out with KINDERGARTEN. Kindergarten is a wonderful place where kids learn a lot...well hopefully. :) When I was in Kindergarten, I had just moved to California, so I was in a new place, and I was embarking on a new adventure in my life: school. School can be fun, scary, exciting, terrifying, new, and an adventure. For me it was ALL these things and more! I was very shy in Kindergarten. I didn't really talk to anyone but the teacher. I did all my work, and I liked school. I was fairly smart, and I actually enjoyed doing my schoolwork everyday. My best friend was Katie. I met her before school started, and we were the best of friends ever since that day we met at the park. One small problem, Katie didn't go to the same Kindergarten as I did. I went to Public School and she went to Catholic school. So, I only saw her outside of school. But that was ok, because outside of school we spent nearly every moment together! At least it seemed that way. We loved to spend time together and play our little games! We were very happy. However, when I went to school, I was still very very shy. So, my mom put me into an acting club/children's choir. It worked wonders for me! I broke out of my shell eventually, and now I'm a very friendly person, and I'm not really shy at all. Being up on the stage made me feel like I was my character, not myself, so I wasn't afraid to talk to people and be someone from a story. It made me feel special! I loved it! :) My dream was to become a Prima Ballerina someday, and then teach ballet when I got too old to perform. It's so nice to be able to dream ANYTHING. When you're 5 years old, you can be ANYTHING you want to be. You can fly a plane, be a star, or even be the president, no matter what! The key is to keep the best and most important dreams alive when you grow up...

No comments:

Post a Comment