Thursday, March 15, 2012

St. Patrick's Day in Kindergarten


When I was in Kindergarten, I remember going to school on St. Patrick's Day and reading the book Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. I don't remember too many details about Kindergarten, but this is one that really sticks out in my mind. Not only did we read the book, but we ate green scrambled eggs and ham. It sounds a little weird and disgusting, but it was actually really exciting! And guess what! It tastes exactly the same, even though it was colored green. Surprising right? Another thing I remember about St. Patrick's Day when I was so small, was how my family celebrated St. Paddy's Day. I remember having the Best Ever Muffins (colored green of course!) and green scrambled eggs. I also remember that I had to wear something green to bed the night before because if not, then you would DEFINITELY get pinched as soon as (or even before) you woke up! My family takes this Holiday very seriously. As St. Patrick's Day approaches, I can't help but remember when I was a wee little one, and all the fun memories of this special day that I have. I love being Irish! And this is what I wish for all who read this:


*P. S.: Don't forget to wear GREEN on St. Patrick's Day!!! 


1 comment:

  1. totally true. our family is nuts. Don't forget that we all wore RIDICULOUS outfits to dinner on St. Patrick's Day too. Layers of green clothing that looked just hideous, but the point was AS MUCH GREEN AS POSSIBLE! :) Fun times. We got Green Eggs and Ham at the library today and we will be having green muffins and green eggs as well. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete